Table of Contents
Contracting Process Overview
A paper contract must be completed and submitted to the carrier for all new agents to WAP whether they are new or already contracted and aligned with another FMO. Contracting is open all year, keep in mind the processing of any contracting requests can be delayed from mid-July through the end of October so plan ahead and submit your requests early! Certification is not available until agents have submitted a contract to the carrier. All certifications are completed online, no F2F certification is required.
A paper contract must be completed by all new agents, agents transferring from another FMO or the ICA Channel. Download the contract documents that must be completed and submitted to start the process.
Hierarchy Transfer & Release Policy
Western Asset Protection (WAP) Transfer & Release Rules
- WAP will allow one hierarchy transfer per carrier per calendar year and we will not honor any requests placed from August 15 – December 15.
- Additionally, WAP’s free release policy is suspended each year from August 15 – December 15
- To facilitate a hierarchy transfer, the agent must:
- Provide a written release from their immediate upline. This may be in the form of an email.
- Sign a new WAP Hierarchy Form for each carrier involved in the hierarchy transfer and submit to WAP.
- Some carriers have additional steps involved in a hierarchy transfer or release. WAP will advise the agent and agency of any specific carrier process at the time of the request.
UnitedHealthcare (UHC) Transfer & Release Rules
- UHC requires a release letter from your previous FMO in order to transfer your contract to another FMO if the agent:
- Has been with the current FMO for less than six months;
- Has sold any new business under their contract with their current FMO within the last six months, or
- Has a downline agent
To add a state appointment to your contract, complete the Non-Resident Appointment Request Form.
Email the form and a copy of your license(s) to email@example.com.
If your contract is in your agency name (corporation contract), you will need non-resident licenses in both your name and your agency. Adding a license can take 7-10 business days and you should not sell in that state until you have verified your license appointment status on the UnitedHealth producer portal.
Please also review the UnitedHealthcare Non-Resident Appointment Renewal Fee Chart for information on state renewal fees and their frequency.