Table of Contents
2017 Medicare A, B, C, D Overview
Medicare Savings Programs Coverage and Eligibility
- Plan Presentation
- Clearly State and Explain
- Plans with Prescription Drug Coverage
- Review with the Beneficiary
- At the close of the appointment
Choosing a Medigap Policy (2017)
- Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap) policies
- What Medigap Policies cover
- Your rights to buy a Medigap policy
- How to buy a Medigap policy
- Filing an appeal if you have Original Medicare
- Filing an appeal if you have a Medicare Advantage Plan or other Medicare health plan
- Filing an appeal when you have Medicare prescription drug coverage
- Where to get help with your questions
Compensation Rate Adjustments Training
Continuing Education (CE) Requirements
How do I determine what my CE Requirements are?
- Go to website: https://www.nipr.com/map_continuing_education_requirements.htm
- Click on the state you are licensed in.
- Click on Continuing Education Transcript Inquiry.
- Follow the prompts and click Submit to be redirected to your CE Transcript.
- “General” CE requirements for that state will be provided.
- For specific CE requirements based on your license info, click on the survey provided in your transcript.
External Standard of Conduct
Managed Care Flow Chart
Medicare Managed Care (Part C – Medicare Advantage) Flow Chart
The attached link provides the following:
- Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) Costs
- Medicare Part B (Medicare Insurance) Costs
- Medicare Advantage Plans (Part C) and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans (Part D) Premiums
- Part D Monthly Premium
Medicare Coverage of Advance Care Planning
Medicare will begin to cover Advance Care Planning beginning in 2016:
Medicare Member Handbook
Each year, CMS develops the official U.S. government Medicare Handbook.
Proposed Med Supp 2020
Click on the link below to learn about:
- What Plans will be available on or After January 1, 2020?
- April 14, 2015 Legislation passes the “doc-fix” bill
- Beginning in 2018 the new law will raise premiums for higher income enrollees
- In 2020 plans will no longer be allowed to offer coverage of the Medicare Part B deductible
- Plans purchased before 2020 will still be available for deductible coverage
Sample Retention Letter
Understanding Medicare Enrollment Periods
Click the link below to learn more about:
- How to get Medicare Part A and Part B
- When to contact Social Security to sign up for Part A and Part B
- When to sign up for Medicare Advantage (Part C) or Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage (Part D)
- When enrollment periods happen for Part C and Part D
- Special enrollment periods for Part C and Part D