Step 1: Whether you are a new agent to Aetna Senior Supplemental or you are transferring to WAP from working with another FMO or directly with the carrier, you must submit a new request to contract by completing this basic information form.
Step 2: Once we receive your completed Request to Contract form, we will send you an Aetna Senior Supplemental contract to complete in the form of a PDF via email. Read the instructions carefully and fill out the contract, checklist and hierarchy form. It is preferred to type the information directly into the fillable pdf for improved readability. If you want commissions paid to your Tax ID or SSN, fill out your W-9 accordingly.
Step 3: Submit all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 4: We will scrub the contract and documentation and submit to the carrier on your behalf, who will issue you a Med Supp writing number approximately 2 weeks later.
Step 5: Writing Number – The Med Supp writing number you receive is different than your other Aetna lines of business (i.e. MAPD, Coventry Part D).
Using the correct writing number on your enrollments is CRITICAL to our ability to support your Aetna Med Supp business.
Hierarchy Transfer & Release Policy
Western Asset Protection (WAP) Transfer & Release Rules
- WAP will allow one hierarchy transfer per carrier per calendar year and we will not honor any requests placed from August 15 – December 15.
- Additionally, WAP’s free release policy is suspended each year from August 15 – December 15.
- To facilitate a hierarchy transfer, the agent must:
- Provide a written release from their immediate upline. This may be in the form of an email.
- Sign a new WAP Hierarchy Form for each carrier involved in the hierarchy transfer and submit to WAP.
- Some carriers have additional steps involved in a hierarchy transfer or release. WAP will advise the agent and agency of any specific carrier process at the time of the request.
Aetna Med Supp Transfer & Release Policy
- All agents have to fill out a new contract.