- Notify us you want to contract with Amerigroup by submitting a request to email@example.com
- We will confirm if you want to contract as an individual, agency principal or LOA agent and send you contracting instructions.
- Complete the Amerigroup online contract through NoMoreForms by using the package code included in your email.
- Select 44WP55 (WAP’s FMO code) from the dropdown box when prompted so you can get aligned with WAP.
- Submit your contracting package. The carrier will review it and inform WAP of any possible corrections.
- Once a complete contract has been submitted, Amerigroup will assign your Writing ID in 5-7 business days.
Hierarchy Transfer & Release Policy
Western Asset Protection’s Policy:
- Transfers to WAP are accepted year round. If transferring to WAP from another FMO, please provide us with the following:
- Release Letter
- Your decision whether to work directly under WAP or one of our sub-agencies
- If working with a sub-agency, a Hierarchy Form (provided by the agency)
- New Amerigroup contract. Please follow the process listed above under Contracting Process.
- Transferring from one WAP sub-agency to another WAP sub-agency:
- One internal hierarchy transfer per carrier, per calendar year.
- Release letter from former upline is required.
- Complete a new Hierarchy Form to document the new working relationship.
- Release requests must be in writing. Releases from WAP are suspended from August 15 – December 15 annually.
- If the agent can’t obtain a release:
- Submit a new Amerigroup contract according to the instructions above. The contract will automatically be denied; however, it will communicate to the carrier that you wish to transfer.
- 6 months from the date of that contract submission, you must submit a new contract again which will be processed as a transfer.
- If the agent can obtain a release, a new contract is required in order to complete the transfer.
Request to Contract as an Agency
Amerigroup contracts and works with only a select few FMOs such as Western Asset Protection. The carrier does not recognize nor offers any agency contracting directly.
Western Asset Protection is able to offer override agreements to agencies that meet agent recruitment and production requirements.
To request an Amerigroup override agreement for your agency, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a newly formed agency or new to our organization, please send the following agency documents along with your request for override:
- Arizona Insurance License
- Errors and Omissions Certificate
- W-9 pointing to EIN
- Voided Check