Before You Contract
Prior to contracting, you will want to have the following information and/or documents ready:
- Voided Check
- E & O Declarations Page
BlueCross BlueShield of New Mexico contracting process is done online through Producer Express. BlueCross BlueShield is a division of Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC), an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association and will be referenced throughout the contracting and certification process.
Step 1: Agent or Agency requests to contract with BCBS NM. If you have already requested to contract, skip to Step 2. Otherwise, click here to notify us of your interest to contract.
Step 2: A contracting packet will be sent to you through an online contracting link from your direct upline.
Step 3: Complete the packet (you will need to have E & O and voided check ready to load).
Step 4: Once approved (2-3 business days) a “welcome” email will be sent from email@example.com which will include their new 9-digit HCSC Producer writing number. A unique writing number is assigned per state. An individual can have up to 5 unique writing numbers. If contracting in multiple states, the individual will receive one “welcome” email per state. If not approved, an email will be generated to both the agent and their upline stating the issue with the contracting.
24 hours after receiving your writing number, you will be granted access to various BCBS NM websites.
Hierarchy Transfer & Release Policy
Western Asset Protection (WAP) Transfer & Release Rules
- WAP will allow one hierarchy transfer per carrier per calendar year and we will not honor any requests placed from August 15 – December 15.
- Additionally, WAP’s free release policy is suspended each year from August 15 – December 15
- To facilitate a hierarchy transfer, the agent must:
- Provide a written release from their immediate upline. This may be in the form of an email.
- Sign a new WAP Hierarchy Form for each carrier involved in the hierarchy transfer and submit to WAP.
- Some carriers have additional steps involved in a hierarchy transfer or release. WAP will advise the agent and agency of any specific carrier process at the time of the request.
BlueCross BlueShield Transfer & Release Policy
- Sub-producers (LOA) CANNOT use this form because they do not hold a standard producer contract. They must re-onboard in order to change their upline.
- BCBS NM will allow street-level agents and agencies who hold a standard producer contract to change their affiliation with an NMO/FMO or GA up to twice a year by using the affiliation change notice. Writing numbers remain the same and commissions are still paid directly to the agent/agency.