Mandatory Re-Contracting for BCBSAZ
Western Asset Protection is excited about our partnership with BCBS and there is much to talk about in 2020! First looks and rollout information are coming soon.
A strong brand, new products, competitive networks and beefed up local support are just a few of the reasons you want to continue to be certified with BCBS.
By now, you’ve probably received a few “Get Paid Faster” emails from us about BCBSAZ paying you directly. I’m writing today to clarify a few details.
First, and foremost, this re-contracting process is mandatory and required by BCBSAZ. I’m afraid we did not make that clear in our previous emails.
We understand that re-contracting is a hassle, but it is worth your time. Submitting the documents in the link below will provide the following three advantages:
- Get Paid Faster. You will get your funds quicker than you do currently. This is due to BCBSAZ paying WAP and our need to process the thousands of line items through our system. You should see your funds 7-10 days earlier than usual.
- Resolve Issues More Quickly. This change streamlines the process with any discrepancies you might have. Instead of you having to come to us and then us having to reach out to the carrier, you can go to them directly with any issues that pop-up. We will always be an advocate for you, if necessary, but it will make everything a lot smoother.
- Enjoy Better Access to Information.Your statements, book of business, and termination reports are all available at azblue.com This will help with your reconciliation month-to-month between your deposits and statements, in concert with faster payments and direct access to the BCBSAZ commissions department.
BCBSAZ is requiring that all agents re-contract starting with MAPD this year and Med Supp next year. This is not a WAP mandate; we are simply facilitating the process.
- Click HERE to access the new contracting paperwork necessary to complete the process.
- Fill out completely and email it to the WAP Contracting Department.
If you want to be paid your MAPD commissions directly by the carrier in time for AEP, you must submit your complete contract to the WAP contracting department by August 30.
Note: The carrier is offering direct commission pay only for the MAPD line of business at this time.