Health Choice Opportunity
About Health Choice
Health Choice Arizona is a managed care health plan that provides health care to people in Arizona’s Medicaid Program, Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS). Health Choice Arizona has been providing AHCCCS services in Arizona for over 20 years.
Health Choice Arizona improves the health of the people and communities it serves. Health Choice Arizona provides exceptional customer service and culturally competent care through:
• A Member Services team who listens and understands the unique needs of our members.
• Partnerships with doctors and other providers to help members get the health care they need.
• Providing culturally competent health care. This includes offering materials and services in other languages, or in other formats.
• Offering programs to help members and their families stay healthy.
Health Choice Arizona provides health care services for members who live in the following Arizona counties:
• Apache, Coconino, Maricopa, Mohave
• Navajo, Pima, Gila, Pinal
Health Choice, a managed care organization providing Medicaid and Medicare services in Arizona and Utah, is a subsidiary of IASIS Healthcare. In Arizona, Health Choice also operates Health Choice Generations HMO a special needs plan for members who are eligible for Medicaid and Medicare.
In addition to Health Choice, IASIS owns and operates 15 acute care hospitals and one behavioral health hospital throughout six states – Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Louisiana, Texas and Utah.
Health Choice is committed to improving the health literacy of its community through health and wellness education. The T.H.A.N.X.TM (Think Healthy About Nutrition and eXercise) program provides after school health and wellness education to schools in medically underserved communities.
In Arizona, IASIS owns and operates four hospitals:
• Mountain Vista Medical Center, Mesa, AZ
• St. Luke’s Behavioral Health Center, Phoenix, AZ
• St. Luke’s Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ
• Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, Tempe, AZ
Core Agent Offerings:
Agents paid direct by Health Choice
Agency override contracts available
Dedicated broker support
Dedicated sales leadership
Reasons Licensed Agents Should Offer:
D-SNP low income HMO only plans available
Available in 8 Counties in Arizona
One of Arizona’s largest providers of low income HMO
Contract with AHCCCS
Western Asset Protection one of only two FMO’s in Arizona
Strong partnership with Western Asset Protection
Marketing flyers available
Easy to file informal events
A “must have” for dual focused MAPD agents