As AEP winds down, we want to be sure you’re ready for the new Open Enrollment Period (OEP) beginning on January 1. Below, you’ll find everything you need to know to succeed.
(January 1 – March 31, 2019)
During OEP beginning on 01/01/2019 Medicare beneficiaries are allowed a ONE TIME opportunity to disenroll from their current plan and select a new plan with their existing carrier or a competitor. They will be able to make the following “like-plan” change during OEP:
- MAPD to MAPD
- MAPD to MA only
- MA only to MA only
- MAPD to Original Medicare (with or without Part D)
- MA only plan to Original Medicare (with or without Part D)
Agents cannot knowingly target or send unsolicited marketing materials to MA or Part D enrollees during OEP (Jan 1- March 31).
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
Basically it means that there are rules as to how agents can “communicate” the beneficiaries during this time.
- Market T65 (Turning 65) New to Medicare Programs
- Marketing any 5 star plan SEP
- Medicare Supplement Marketing
- Hold meetings to discuss LIS / Extra Help options
- At the beneficiary request – Have One on One meetings / provide information on OEP
- Send Unsolicited materials advertising the ability / opportunity to make an additional enrollment change or reference OEP
- Target beneficiaries who are in OEP by purchasing a mailing list during AEP
- Engage in or promote agent activities that intend to target the OEP as an opportunity to make further sales
- Call or contact former enrollees who have selected a new plan during AEP
Empowering your sales success!